Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Conquering Changes and Challenges

Life is full of changes and challenges! One of the most important lessons I learned from my parents was to choose my attitude. I'm not saying I always choose the right attitude, but I have seen how very true this is. So many things you have no control over, however people with truly joyful lives are rarely the ones we would find with a perfect situation. What is their secret?! Choosing an attitude of gratitude and humor. Find the silver lining, or just simply determine that a miserable situation will not define you.

Those thought have been running through my head all week long. During Bible study, driving in the car, trying keep things to facts and/or funny when I tell Shaun that things are feeling a little gross instead of whining. I have had two pretty rough days with "morning" sickness, but I am so amazingly excited about this new life that the miserable moments pale in comparison with the joy I feel. I truly want to enjoy every moment of this pregnancy instead of how I've watched others totally miss the miracle of what is happening with their attitude of misery. I don't honestly think I will be grateful when I feel like I can't move another muscle, or that breakfast will make a reappearance at the very thought of peanut butter (ugh, shouldn't have made myself just type that). But I can be grateful of why I feel this way!

The past two weeks is when most babies sex is determined deep inside. It has eyes, holes for a nose, little stubs forming for legs and arms, and it's brain is growing at a rate that is stunning. I feel so connected to this life already, I cannot even explain it! Yesterday I realized my tummy is firming up, and when standing I think I can feel the begining of a little tiny bump starting to form. Tomorrow Shaun and I will go in for the first ultrasound. I cannot wait to hear that little heart beating inside that little jelly-bean sized baby! This truly is a blessed life I live!

2 comments:

  1. You're just like I was! Connected right away! And here I was thinking I was odd, lol! Must run in the family ;)

    ReplyDelete