Monday, August 12, 2013

Second Pregnancy, Second Trimester!

We are officially in the second trimester!! Woo-hoo, our little family survived!


Week 13 brought on the first week where I had a day that I didn't feel like I had the flu and I was able to clear some of my schedule so I could nap when Gabriel did. Week 14 has so far been amazing, I was able to stop taking meds with only a little of the flu feeling. Headaches are intense, but I will take those over morning sickness any day!

Week 14 brought some of those awesome hormones (finally!), good hair days are better to come by and my fingernails look amazing. I had to pull out some maternity clothes, which most is still too big, but I am now so much more comfortable it's amazing. Gabriel has been cutting three molars and a two front teeth for the past two weeks, so we have been very tired in this house, but I am so glad it happened now instead of when I was really sick. He is usually so sweet and easy going, it's hard to see him whiny and needy. I have had to let some of the house go during the bad days for him, but housework can always be caught up at a later date and no one will ever know the difference.
Week 13 baby bump- much bigger at 13 weeks than last time!

I can finally work out again and found an awesome prenatal Pilates video that I already feel a huge difference in strength, lower back pain going away, and flexibility. Highly suggest it (plus it's free!) You can find it at: http://pinterest.com/pin/144607838008291461/. I use a yoga mat, a pillow or two and two cans of soup (instead of light weights). Still taking time to rest, especially as Gabriel hasn't slept through the night since teething started, but it's amazing how much better I feel mentally, emotionally and physically. I am really hoping that this will help me as I transition to sleeping on my sides and the hip pain that comes with that.

I have also started doing research on continuing nursing Gabriel after the baby arrives just in case he hasn't self weaned yet. He only nurses once a day (except when teething), so he may be done by then, but I want to know what I'm in for just in case he hasn't. Within that quest I have realized it's again time to start amping up nutrition in a big way. Not that I completely let it go during the first trimester, but while not feeling well, you eat what you can when you can and what you have the energy to grab (meaning generally pre-made and not the healthiest). With that I have been looking up easy once a month cooking ideas for the crockpot that I can freeze. Pintrest is a God-send in this area. Budget friendly clean eating made simple. I'd rather spend five hours in one day prepping, cooking, and freezing and then have five minutes of dumping into a crock pot daily than a full hour or more every day.

The office has been completely moved downstairs to make room for the new nursery. I dug out the bassinet and am dying to paint- but that has to wait until Sept when we have our next ultrasound scheduled. Gabriel has been my little "helper" helping me unload bookshelves, load boxes, sweep, dust and mop. He is going to be a big help when nesting hits full swing!

No comments:

Post a Comment