Wednesday, September 17, 2014

37 weeks 1 day

Term! Such a short but beautiful word. It's all up to Tristan now, he is safe to come whenever he pleases.

37 weeks brought on some strange things for me. I'd prefer he waits until the 21st selfishly, so I can get a lot of things completed for my internship as a FertilityCare Practitioner before the baby arrives. However, every day that passes, the less important that seems. With Gabriel, I felt like I was going to rip in two with my skin across my belly so tight. I felt anxious to be done but didn't act on it. This time I don't feel anxious, but I am acting like I am. Having hardly any discomfort before my water was broken last time is to blame- any regularity in contractions and I start timing them just in case. They are uncomfortable enough to keep me from sleeping, not terribly painful, thankfully, but not at all fun and rather draining.

I have been timing them for an hour now- and they are all over the place. 7-17 minutes apart lasting anywhere from 40 seconds to over two minutes (yeah, I have long braxton hicks contractions, it was this way with Gabriel as well). Tristan hates these eviction notices, pushing, kicking, what feels like scratching even (!) until they squeeze too tight and he has no choice but to sit still. 

I really don't think he is going to wait around for February. There are several things that still should happen before I know it's around the corner, and I would love for him to be another Valentine baby, but I really don't think he will hold out that long. I'm okay with that in the long run, he will come when he is ready as long as he stays healthy and keeps gaining weight the way he needs too. Gabriel was born two weeks early due to the placenta running out of nutrition early, so I am on progesterone to support that as long as possible. I have gained so much more already then I did with Gabriel, that I am not overly concerned. This is the point where I hadn't gained anything for a couple weeks with Gabriel and my weight is growing at a slow and steady (healthy) pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment